Currently enrolled for a Ph.D programme(External Ph.D) on proteomics at Mata Amruthamayi university, Kochi and Institute of bioinformatics
- Prabha Eye Clinic & Research Centre, Bangalore.
- Vittala International Institute Of Ophthalmology, Bangalore
- Runs the paediatric clinics especially the ROP clinics and HIV clinics at Indira Gandhi Institute Of Child Health Sciences, Bangalore
Societies Attached to : Member of
- All India of Ophthalmic Society (AIOS)
- Karnataka Ophthalmic Society (KOS)
- Vitreorental Society of India (VSOI)
Complex vitreoretinal surgeries using 23 G Accurus vitrectomy system (Alcon), Dorc Harmony vitrectomy machine with wide angle viewing system (Biom) and endocyclophotocoagulation.
Peer Reviewed Journals:
Non Peer Reviewed Journals:
Writtten Chapters In:
Presentations: Paper Presentations:
Lectures and Activities:
- Management of vitreoretinal conditions related to diabetes, ARMD, vasculor disorders.
- Retinopathy of prematurity (RetCAM-Clarity medical system) with ancillary diode lase~ laser indirect ophthalmoscope and fundus f10urescein angiography (Carl Zeiss).
- Mahashabde award for the best paper in community ophthalmology on “Nayana –Taking diabetes care to rural India”, All India ophthalmic society meeting , Jaipur 2009
- Initiation of project CODE-Taking diabetes care to rural Karnataka
- Initiation of project Retinopathy of prematurity –Taking ROP treatment to rural Karnataka
- State champion in Table tennis.
- Winner of the quiz in the international ocular oncology meeting, LVPEI, Hyderabad 2004.
- Agarwal M, Shanmugam MP, Gopal L, Shetty N, Bhende M, Gopal L, Sharma T, Thakur S, Raman R, Nizammuddin SH, Moorthy KR. Transpupillary Thermotherapy For Choroidal Neovascular Membrane In Age Related Macular Degeneration.. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2004 Mar;52(1):45-9.
- Satish KS, Murthy KR, Yadav N, Murthy RA. Meningitis with papillitis, choroiditis, and hearing loss: an unusual presentation of cryptococcosis in HIV infection. AIDS Read. 2006;16(12):679-80, 682.
- D’Souza GA, Sunad R, Rajagopalan N, Ananthamurthy A, KR Murthy, Babu K. NK/T cell lymphoma in AIDS. J Assoc Physicians India. 2006 Nov;54:890-2.
- Babu K, Murthy KR, Babu N, Ramesh S. Triple A syndrome with ophthalmic manifestations in two siblings. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2007 Jul-Aug;55(4):304-6.
- Babu K, Murthy KR, Rajagopalan N. Primary bilateral multifocal choroiditis as an initial manifestation of disseminated cryptococcosis in a HIV-positive patient. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2008;16(4):191-3.
- Murthy KR, Venkataraman N, Satish V, Babu K. Bilateral retinitis following chikun-gunya fever. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2008;56(4):329-31.
- Babu K, Satish V, Prakash O, Subbakrishna DK, Murthy KR. Role of the mantoux test and treatment with antitubercular therapy in a South Indian patient population of presumed intraocular tuberculosis. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2009;17(5):307-11.
- Babu K, Satish V, Satish S, Subbakrishna DK, Mariamma Philips Abraham, Murthy KR. Utility of QuantiFERON TB gold test in a south Indian patient population of ocular inflammation. Indian J Ophthalmol:2009; 57:427-430
- Babu K, Murthy KR, Rajagopalan N, Satish B. Vision recovery in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with optic neuropathy treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy: a case series. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2009;57(4):315-8.
- Murthy GJ, Murthy PR, Murthy KR, Kulkarni VV, Murthy KR. A study of the efficacy of endoscopic cyclophotocoagulation for the treatment of refractory glaucomas. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2009;57(2):127-32.
- Babu K, Murthy PR, Murthy KR. Intravitreal bevacizumab as an adjunct in a patient with presumed vascularised choroidal tubercular granuloma. Eye (Lond). 2010;24(2):397-9.
- Babu K, Murthy VR, Akki VP, Prabhakaran VC, Murthy KR. Coin-shaped epithelial lesions following an acute attack of erythema multiforme minor with confocal microscopy findings. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2010;58(1):64-6.
- Babu K, Murthy KR, Sudarshan S, Biswas J. Bilateral arteritis with cytomegalovirus retinitis in a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virus. Published in the spring issue of Journal of Retinal cases & brief reports
- Babu K, Kini R, Mehta R, Abraham MP, Subbakrishna DK, Murthy KR. Clinical profile of ocular sarcoidosis in a South Indian patient population. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2010 Oct;18(5):362-9.
- Babu K, Murthy KR, Krishnakumar S. Two successive ocular malignancies in the same eye of a HIV-positive patient: a case report. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2010;18(2):101-3.
- Murthy KR, Murthy PR, Kapur A, Owens DR. Mobile diabetes eye care: Experience in developing countries. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2012 May 19.
- Murthy KR, Murthy PR, Rao S, Murthy GJ, Kapur A, Lefebvre P. A novel model to deliver advanced eye care for people with diabetes living in resource-poor settings: results of care provided to date. Diabetes Care. 2012;35(4):e31.
- Babu K, Kini R, Mehta R, Philips M, Subbakrishna DK, Murthy KR. Predictors for tubercular uveitis: a comparison between biopsy-proven cases of tubercular and sarcoid uveitis. Retina. 2012;32(5):1017-20.
- Etiologic diagnosis of fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis in a south Indian patient population –accepted for publication in journal of ocular infection and inflammation
- Unique presentation of 3rd and 6th Cranial nerve palsies, Nodular scleritis and Nummular Keratouveitis in an Immunocompetent lady following an attack of Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus – accepted for publication in Journal of Ocular inflammation and infection
- Murthy KR, Nagendra, Babu K, Benkappa N, Niranjan, Murthy PR. Analysis of risk factors for the development of retinopathy of prematurity in preterm infants at a tertiary referral hospital in South India. Acta Medica Lituanica 2006;13(3):147-152.
- Lingam Gopal, Krishna.R.Murthy, Pratima Kathil, Kasinathan. Surgical Management Of Vitreoretinal Diseases. Clinical Practice In Ophthalmology By Sandeep Saxena. Ist Edition, Jaypee Publishers, New Delhi. Pages 377-429.
- Mahesh.P.Shanmugam, Praveen.R.Murthy, Krishna.R.Murthy. Ocular Oncology. Clinical Practice In Ophthalmology By Sandeep Saxena. Ist Edition, Jaypee Publishers, New Delhi. Pages 449-476
- Video Presentation On "Vascular Tumors Of The Eye" - KOS, Hubli, Sept 2000
- Analysis Of Factors Leading To Development Of Retinopathy Of Prematurity In A Tertiary Referral Centre. KOS, Bangalore. Nov 2005
- Results Of Intravitreal Ganciclovir Injection In CMV Retinitis. KOS, Bangalore. Nov 2005
- Results Of Vitreoretinal Surgery In HIV Positive Individuals Following CMV Retinitis. KOS, Bangalore. Nov 2005
- Endocyclophotocoagulation - KOS, Bangalore. Nov 2005
- Fluorescein Angiography And Indocyanine Green Angiography In Posterior Uveitis - AIOS, New Delhi 2003, Jan 16-19.
- Analysis Of Factors Leading To Development Of Retinopathy Of Prematurity In A Tertiary Referral Centre. Vitreoretinal Society Of India Meeting, Hyderabad. Sep 2004
- Bilateral optic neuropathy in a HIV +ve individual. Recovery of vision with HAART – a case report. Uveitis symposium, Jalna, October 8,9, 2005
- Co-author for endocyclophotocoagulation in neovascular glaucoma, Glaucoma society of India, Chennai 2006
- "Ocular lesions in paediatric HIV", AIOS, Hyderabad, Feb 2007
- Co-author for presentation on "HIV optic neuropathy – A case series", Uveitis society of India meeting, Guwhati, Nov 2007
- "Analysis of antenatal, natal and postnatal factors influencing the development of ROP in a tertiary referral center in south India" at world ROP meeting-Vilinus, Lithuania 14-16th Sep 2006
- "HIV optic neuropathy – A case series", International ocular inflammation society meeting, Paris, September 2007
- Wilsons disease and the eye. KOS, Bellary Nov 22-24th, 2004
- Triple A syndrome with ophthalmic manifestations in 2 siblings- a case report. KOS, Bangalore. Nov 2005
- Co-author for poster presentation on "Nayana", KOS, Hubli 2006 –Best poster award
- Co-author for video presentation on "Nayana and diabetic retinopathy", KOS, Hubli 2006
- Co-author for video presentation on "Nayana and glaucoma outreach", Glaucoma society of India, Calcutta, December 2007-Best Video award
- Moderator: Paediatric Ophthalmology Symposium. KOS, Bangalore. Nov 2005
- Guest speaker: Debate in a retina CME conducted by Eye Foundation, Coimbatore
- Guest speaker. Indirect ophthalmoscopic examination, Instruction course, KOS, Hubli 2006
- Guest speaker. Modern retinal imaging techniques, Hubli 2007
- Guest speaker. Ocular manifestations of HIV, Uveitis symposium, KOS, Bangalore, November 2007
- Guest speaker. Ocular manifestations of HIV, CME on uveitis, Mercara, April 27th 2008
- Actively involved in project NAYANA which is a mobile van with the latest amenities which brings treatment to patients with diabetic retinopathy at their doorsteps- the project is in collaboration with world diabetes foundation.
- On the Ethics board for Freedom Foundation, Bangalore.
- Co-investigator for randomized multicentric trial involving a steroid sparing drug in active posterior and panuveitis, as a maintenance and in active anterior uveitis, 2007-2008.
- Co-investigator for randomized multicentric trial involving an intravitreal injection of anti VEGF in Diabetic Macular Edema, 2007-2009
- Guest speaker at the All India Ophthalmic society meeting, Jaipur February 2009.
- Guest speaker at preferred practice management in retinopathy of prematurity organized by Minto ophthalmic hospitals, Bangalore, September 2009
- Guest speaker on evaluation of disc oedema at Karnataka ophthalmic society meeting, Davangere Nov 2009
- Guest speaker In the retinopathy of prematurity, instruction course, Davangere Nov 2009.
- Guest speaker for session on Ocular manifestations of HIV – Topic: Epidemiology of HIV in the asia pacific region. International assembly of ocular inflammation societies, 11th meeting of the international ocular inflammation society and the annual meeting of the uveitis society of India, Goa, 13-16th November 2011.
- Guest speaker. Case presentation. Uveitis symposium. Bangalore ophthalmic society annual meeting, 24th June 2012