Prabha Eye Clinic, in its quest to provide the best possible eye care to it's patients, became the first owners of the coveted LenSx® technology in the entire South of India and one of the very few hospitals in the World. The LenSx® Laser technology now enables blade-free cataract surgery to the patients and opens up an entirely new era in cataract eye surgery. Read more about LenSx by clicking here
More About the Surgery
Preparing for the Surgery
A thorough eye examination is made by the ophthalmologist to understand the exact nature of the cataract and to rule out any other conditions that may be causing blurred vision. Our cataract doctor will conduct visual acuity test, pupil dilation, glare testing, vision testing, fundus examination, biometry, and tonometry test to learn about the structure and health of your eye. Your eye will be measured to determine the proper power of the intraocular lens that will be placed in your eye during surgery.
About the Surgery -
The cloudy lens is removed from the eye during cataract surgery, in most cases; the focusing power of the natural lens is restored by replacing it with a permanent intraocular lens implant. Cataracts cannot be removed with a laser. Surgery is usually done under local anesthesia and performed as an outpatient procedure. He or she will implant a permanent intraocular lens implant. The ophthalmologist makes a small incision on the side of the cornea. Then, the ophthalmologist inserts a tiny probe into the eye. The probe uses safe ultrasound waves that soften and break up the cloudy center of the lens so it can be removed by suction. The back half of the lens capsule is delicately retained to act as support to the intraocular lens (IOL). The cataract surgeries performed at Prabha Eye Clinic are suture-less, painless, and require no bandage. Complete post-op care and treatment is done by the ophthalmologist after cataract surgery, you may return almost immediately to all but the most strenuous activities.
Following your Surgery, You will Need to:
- Be careful not to rub or press on your eye.
- Use over-the-counter pain medicine if necessary.
- Continue normal daily activities and moderate exercise.
- Ask your doctor when you can begin driving.
- Wear eyeglasses or an eye shield if advised by your doctor.
- Several postoperative visits are needed to check on the progress of the eye as it heals.
Prabha Eye Clinic's Strengths in Cataract Treatment
The surgery is painless. Anesthesia is either local or general, depending on the age, medical condition, and eye disease.
n this core area of eye care, Prabha Eye Clinic enjoys a bright record of visual recovery results and a large constituency of happy beneficiaries. The hospital handles varying types of cataract conditions and challenges, with the support of expert ophthalmic micro surgeons, physicians and IOL implantation specialists, and a combination of hypertech resources.
Some of the International tehnologies and facilities aiding cataract treatment at Prabha Eye Clinic:
- Micro Incision Cataract Surgery (MICS 2.2 mm Incision) with state of art, best in class, Alcon Infinity phaco emulsification Ozil technology platform. Phacoemulsification surgeries (2.8 mm Incision)
- World class phaco systems from AMO (Sovereign) and Alcon(Laureate) machines
- Alcon Ocuscan RXP with Pachymetry
- Zeiss (Germany)
- IOLs(including foldable, multifocal and accommodating intraocular lens) from AMO, Zeiss, Bausch & Lomb and Alcon.
- Autokeratometer from Nidek (Japan).
- YAG laser for capsultomy.